eRecords – Transforming records into applications
In Doxis4, electronic records combine content, business processes and applications. They serve as a central starting point for editing process instances and searching through business documents. You can use a single record to trigger process instances, add process instances into records, or show a record as a component of a particular process instance. eRecords proactively provide users with the latest information, also integrating email communication that had previously been separated in an isolated system.
Doxis4 eRecords enable you to manage all types of records and documents at a departmental, project, process instance or content-based level. Depending on the design, Doxis4 eRecords can be customer records in a sales department, staff files in an HR department, production and machine files and project records in a production department, contract records in a legal department, civilian records at a public authority, and health records at a health centre. When it comes to their characteristics and appearance, eRecords are very similar to actual files containing standard cover pages and tabs. Anyone looking for a way to replace paper files, suspension files and file directories will find the perfect solution in Doxis4 eRecords.
Electronic records bring together a range of information on a particular subject; where information was once kept separate, it is now combined in one single record. Structured and unstructured data is often filed on a number of different storage systems, saved in folders or file systems without a real reference to an actual business process. However, thanks to Doxis4 eRecords, you can now manage and display a range of information objects within their business context. It also enables you to use multiple assignment without redundancy. You also have the option of creating links, e.g. between documents and records, process instances and records, records and records, etc., helping you to document relationships between information. When you have teams using the same information for the same processes at the same time across several different departments and sites, Doxis4 eRecords can provide you with a secure solution for working together no matter where you are and what time it is. It is particularly useful in project work, legal departments, purchasing departments and quality management.
What it has to offer
- Secure access to records no matter where you are in the world
- Dynamic folders using automatic technology to keep eRecords up-to-date and complete
- Full, up-to-date overview of all information, even from third-party systems
- Ability to edit process instances within a team, with members from several different sites being able to access the same records
- Reduced space, material and staff costs
Exclusive +Content for registered users
City of Göttingen: Records management with electronic records and electronic complaint managementBest Practice »
Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. KG: ECM platform with archive, DMS, eRecords, inbound mailBest Practice »
Duravit AG: ECM with archive, DMS and electronic records, plus server-based email archivingBest Practice »
Electronic records - Doxis4 Records & RelationshipFact Sheet »
Features & strengths
Doxis4 eRecords include a digital cover page that provides an overview of all key information contained in the record. Information can be transferred from third party systems like ERP, CRM and HR and then synced automatically. Users are able to use Doxis4 cubeDesigner to define the type of information included on the virtual cover page. As well as adding information (index values/metadata) needed to identify records, you can also add timers and deadlines for automatic monitoring by Doxis4. The metadata is also used to help you search for records.
The electronic records in Doxis4 enable you to capture, manage and document information objects from a number of different data sources and formats, such as scanned paper documents, digital documents, emails, images, videos, links, etc. The integrated viewer supports over 280 different formats and displays the content of various different information objects, even if you don't have access to the program used to create the original file. Of course, you can also display all information objects in any other application installed in the system at any time.
You can navigate your way through eRecords using the folder structure, or using the multi-field or fulltext search (Text Mining) covering the entire folder structure. A number of different filters, a grouping function and a result list sort function help you to tackle large quantities of documents. No matter where they are in the world, users will have access to digital records as offline records and can also access them via the web and mobile clients, provided that they have the correct access rights. Electronic records can be tailored to suit your company's own IT structure and stored securely over the long-term either centrally, at separate sites, or using a mixture of both.
An eRecord is set up using a record model that can be defined either centrally or for each individual department or organisational unit. You are able to decide which content should be included in a record and how the record should be structured. In addition to hierarchical, static folders, Doxis4 also supports dynamic folders; the content of which is automatically displayed from the Content Repository using defined search criteria. Users are able to create their own information overviews at any time. When using so-called “virtual records”, there is no need to move or copy data – you can assign information objects to several records at the same time without redundancy.
Doxis4 eRecords enable you to define precisely who is and is not permitted to view records, process instances and documents. To help you protect sensitive documents, you can set up personal authorisation and authentication rights, SSL encryption for client-server communication, and (depending on the application in question) adopt access rights from third-party systems (such as LDAP, HR, CRM and ERP systems). The Audit Trail function logs every time any data is accessed and amended.
Large corporations and medium-sized companies with a number of legally-independent subsidiaries will find Doxis4 eRecords' tenant capability impossible to live without. Tenant capability means that every company or organization is only able to see and change their own data. Switching between tenants requires new user rights and authentication to be issued. However, tenants can also be separated using the authorisation concept and by keeping data separate (database and storage media).
Thanks to the Doxis4 cubeDesigner, you can define, design and administrate your own record applications (“made it yourself”). To aid this process, Doxis4 provides specialist administrators and power users with a simple, graphical mask design function. Once you have designed a record application in Doxis4 cubeDesigner, you can then distribute and display it in various Doxis4 clients.
Baden-Württemberg is reforming its land registry with the electronic land registry record (elGA) based on SER eGovernment Europe's PRODEA software.
A universal solution for a diverse range of record types: Doxis4
Doxis4's eRecord technology forms the basis for designing a range of different record applications. We have listed a few typical examples to help you get an idea of what we mean. Clicking on the icon or the heading will direct you to a detailed description of the record type in question.
Include all relevant information, such as purchase orders, delivery notes, invoices, price information, correspondence and contracts.
Data records (insurance)
Manage millions of customer records and display a standardised overview of all customer documents from a range of different areas of insurance.
Contain all relevant documents, from the written plea, all written communication (including electronic communication), up to the written verdict including a digital signature.
Real estate records
Enable users to manage, use and archive all documents related to a piece of real estate in a centralised and audit-proof manner.
Give employees access to all documents needed for making decisions and customer-based data at the touch of a button.
Contain all current and past information related to a particular customer, including all letter and email correspondence.
Enable all data, documents, images and multimedia objects to be viewed from a patient-based, case-based or interval-based point of view.
Manage and archive (in an audit-proof manner) all documents and papers on a particular employee (including outbound papers, such as payslips).
eRecords – More than just paper folders
Electronic records speed up processes and facilitate cross-company collaboration. Find out how you can use electronic records in SER’s Doxis4 to improve your daily work.
A platform for all types of records
Documents, records and process instances can be combined and linked in a number of different ways. The ability to link objects helps to you take a comprehensive, record-based approach using a single, standardised form of technology and taking into account the requirements of various departments and tasks.
A clear cockpit of information
Every eRecord in Doxis4 contains a digital cover page – an information cockpit that contains an overview of all key information on the record in question and (depending on the type of record in question) from third-party systems like HR, ERP and CRM. This page is used as a basis for completing all necessary work and triggering actions.
Specialized information for all clients
Once you have designed a record application in Doxis4 cubeDesigner, you can then distribute and display it via Doxis4 winCube (Windows) and webCube (web).
Overview of electronic records in Doxis4
- Record cover page containing metadata on the record in question (including data from third-party systems, e.g. ERP, CRM, HR)
- Integration of all types of information objects from a range of different sources, e.g. documents, links/records and multimedia content
- Ability to define record structures centrally using flexible record models
- Folders with hierarchical structure and no depth restrictions
- Customisable information displays (“virtual records”)
- Dynamic folders that are updated automatically and complete at all times
- Application of organisation models and assignment of rights to records
- Backlinks: View of all records that contain the document in question
- Clear storage structures and standard storage activities to help avoid redundancies and confusion in storage attributes
- Parallel assignment of documents to several records without redundant storage
Use of records
- Ability to edit process instances within a team: members from several different sites are able to access the same records
- Parallel access to electronic records no matter where users are in the world
- Ability to “take records home” as offline records
- Subscription function that issues email notifications every time a change is made to the eRecord
- Comprehensive search function for records and documents and dedicated record search
- Search function within a particular record or in a certain folder
- Easy access via iECM links: access-protected links to specific records or documents sent straight from the client
- Search for documents combined with record attributes
- Integrated viewer for over 300 different formats
- Audit Trail for all operations within in a record
- “Tabbed browsing” within a record
- Various folder types supported:
- Folder for organization purposes
- Folder for static content
- Overview folder of references
- Folder for dynamic content
- Folder for ActiveX/iFrame windows
- Option to number record folders automatically
- Option to adapt the record model for all records automatically (no “Copy&Paste” relationship)
- Pre-defined folders in the record model can be narrowed down using sub-folders for individual records
- Rights assigned at folder level and rights inheritance