Better procurement with Doxis4
Ensuring the cost-effective acquisition of goods and services is a key challenge for every procurement team. If your team doesn’t have the right record and document management solutions, they may have problems handling all the information that flows into a procurement process. While supply chain management (SCM) and logistics solutions aim to create a steady flow of goods (including information), they have trouble integrating document-intensive processes into the digital world of procurement. SCM and ERP systems have certainly helped to streamline data-centric processes in purchasing. Nevertheless, many companies still lack a solution that comprehensively tracks all document-centric processes. Doxis4 procurement records help to close this gap. They can be integrated into existing SCM and ERP systems, helping you to significantly increase efficiency.
All your procurement data – readily available
Documents, including their creation, editing, review and approval, are what both starts and completes most procurement processes. Companies require a professional record and document management solution that logs the entire procurement process: from the initial contact with a supplier to the conclusion of a business relationship. The solution should enable users to manage documents in a transparent and audit-proof manner. It must cover a wide range of tasks, from the assessment of material requirements, to processing initial requests and managing the order process, to approving payments of supplier invoices.
Doxis4 procurement records manage and archive all documents in one system, from input and document editing to archiving (output) – regardless of document format or source. Procurement teams can now access all documents, records and processes related to a single procurement transaction. In this way, Doxis4 does what your SCM and ERP systems can't do: it takes all of that unstructured data and organizes it. Because Doxis4 electronic procurement records are compatible with a number of different media, you are able to file and display product videos, images, links to supplier websites, etc., in addition to normal written correspondence and tenders.
Keep your team on the same page
Doxis4 procurement records help to make decision-making processes more transparent. They also provide an efficient tool for managing such processes and help you to make sure that all members of the procurement team are always working with the same up-to-date information. You are able to decide who can access a particular document, folder or record at an object, folder or record level. In contrast to standard paper files, Doxis4 procurement records are not bound to a physical location. Even when you are out of the office, you can access records via Doxis4 mobileCube or offline.
You can understand even better how information objects are related thanks to the ability to set up links, for instance, between individual documents (e.g. linking an offer with a price list), between documents and records (e.g. linking current order processes to older ones), between processes and records (e.g. linking several order processes for one type of material), and between individual records (e.g. linking procurement records to supplier records). Procurement processes often involve teams from several different departments or sites that all need to use the same information. With Doxis4 eRecords, you can all work together securely no matter where you are or what time it is. One of the biggest advantages of this: multiple users can access a single information object simultaneously.
From procurement records to supplier records
The supplier record supplements the procurement record. If needed, the material record can be added as well. The supplier record enables you to document the entire life cycle of your relationship with a particular supplier, while the material record helps you to document the properties and quality of a particular material. In contrast to a procurement record, the supplier record only takes into consideration documents related to a single supplier. This includes information on their credit rating, current price lists, certifications, material audits, defect reports, acceptance certificates, etc.
A Doxis4 supplier record is automatically created when setting up a vendor master record. This means you can jump straight to the supplier record from the master record display in your SCM and ERP system or from the requisition of your material management system. Doxis4 supplier records draw a lot of their information from material management systems, e.g. order data. Data is automatically filed in Doxis4 supplier records using index values transferred from your material management system. If you place any orders without using a material management system (which is often the case for small parts orders), you can also set up procurement records manually.
It all starts with an enquiry
The majority of procurement processes start when you send a written enquiry to a supplier asking about a particular product or service. All information involved in this is gathered and stored separately in a various paper folders, file directories or email accounts. You can't start using an ERP system to manage the order process until you have actually placed an order. Doxis4 procurement records, however, provide valuable support in the early stages of the procurement process — even if the order process is not filed in the ERP system. They are particularly useful if several different employees from various departments are involved in one process. These employees are able to create new documents and start new workflows straight out of the Doxis4 procurement record. To facilitate this, Doxis4 enables you to set up document templates containing pre-configured content about procurement processes. Supplier data can then be added to the templates automatically and adjusted as needed to the procurement process. All outbound communication is also automatically added to your procurement records. If you do end up placing an order, you can link your procurement record to the order transaction in your ERP system once the order has been made.
What it has to offer
- Complete documentation of all document-centric procurement processes
- Access to all current and historic information
- Complete integration into SCM, ERP, Office and email systems
- Access independent of location and department, also on the go
Exclusive +Content for registered users
City of Göttingen: Records management with electronic records and electronic complaint managementBest Practice »
Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. KG: ECM platform with archive, DMS, eRecords, inbound mailBest Practice »
Duravit AG: ECM with archive, DMS and electronic records, plus server-based email archivingBest Practice »
Electronic records - Doxis4 Records & RelationshipFact Sheet »
Features & strengths
Electronic procurement records can be integrated into all supply chain management, ERP, Office and email systems, providing users with additional functions such as a full and up-to-date overview of all relevant documents in the procurement process. This includes email communication, drawings, product photos and videos. Procurement records practically maintain themselves, because the relevant documents are automatically transferred and indexed from the systems named above. Doxis4 procurements records can easily be opened directly from your SCM and ERP solutions.
Compliance is an increasingly important topic for both national and international companies. For example, suppliers may be required to adhere to labor standards, health and safety regulations, and environmental standards and provide evidence of this. When it comes to disputes or claims for damages, written evidence of compliance with such standards is essential. Doxis4 procurement records are an audit-proof and legally compliant solution for digitally documenting entire written procurement processes. Furthermore, the audit trail function shows you who has received, viewed, written, altered, approved or deleted which information and when.
Doxis4 procurement records follow the same structure as your typical paper-based folders. A digital cover sheet provides you with an overview of the record's content and it highlights particularly important information. There are functions that monitor deadlines and remind you ahead of time when they are approaching. Just like with paper files, you can assign content in procurement records to folders and sub-folders using a particular classification scheme if you so wish. Furthermore, you have the option of creating individual views of the information pool at any time, which you can then save as favorites. For example, you can use this function to receive a regular, automated overview of all notices of defects or of all orders from the past two weeks.
The Doxis4 Notification Service is the perfect solution for users who want to be notified every time a new document is added to a procurement record. You receive an email informing you every time a new document is saved to your record. If you don't want to receive a notification for every single document, you can also limit your notifications to particular types of documents or time frames, etc. The version management function in Doxis4 makes sure you are always working with the most recent version of a document.
In addition to supporting electronic procurement records and supplier records, the integrated review and approval processes based on the Doxis4 workflow mean that documents are easier to create, distribute, coordinate and maintain. These workflows enable you to standardize heterogeneous procurement processes, design more transparent (and less condensed) approval processes, and complete processes more quickly. When it comes to approving orders and order requirements, our ad hoc (adaptive case management) and production workflows are particular useful, depending on whether you'd like the procurement process to be customizable or automated. These workflows automatically assign tasks to the right team member. Once the task is received, the team member can either accept, reject or comment on the task using integrated functions via email.
eRecords – More than just paper folders
Electronic records speed up processes and facilitate cross-company collaboration. Find out how you can use electronic records in SER’s Doxis4 to improve your daily work.
Overview of procurement records in Doxis4
Procurement record management
- Standard record structure for managing all documents, records and processes related to a particular procurement process that come from various sources
- Ability to manage a number of different formats, including multimedia content, e.g., product videos, product images, links to supplier websites
- Integration into existing SCM, ERP, Office and email systems: automatic transfer and indexing of relevant documents plus access to procurement records directly from SCM and ERP systems
- Structured format for folders and sub-folders similar to paper filing folders
- Electronic record cover sheet containing key information about the record, its contents and any relevant deadlines
- Wide variety of linking functions: document-document, document-record, record-record, etc., without redundant data
- Flexible configurations for individual record views (e.g. orders, faults, etc.)
- Mobile access via web and mobile client
- Offline records: take eRecords with you by checking them in and out, without losing any functionality: view and edit (automatic synchronization)
Procurement document management
- Audit-proof storage and secure filing for all documents and records needed for the procurement process
- Integrated DMS functions: record filing (manual or automatic batch filing), search, edit, version management, history, etc.
- Wide range of annotation functions, similar to editing paper documents: sticky notes, stamps, text markers, comments, and many more
- International compatibility thanks to multilingual functions (Unicode compatible)
- Integrated viewer for more than 300 different formats
- Subscription function to receive notifications per email of status changes, approvals, etc.
- Function for capturing paper documents using fully integrated scan software
- Audit trail function: who has done what to which documents and when
Procurement process management
- Connection to a Doxis4 workflow possible to help standardize heterogeneous procurement processes and design transparent and efficient release processes
- Ad hoc workflows (adaptive case management) and production workflows supported – for individual or automated procurement processes
- Automated distribution of tasks: Personal workbasket and group workbaskets
- Workflow functions integrated into email programs: accept, reject and comment
Supplier record management
- Standardized record structure for managing supplier information and documents in a number of different formats and from a wide range of sources
- Compact overview of all core supplier data (information cockpit)
- Automatic transfer of supplier master data from ERP, SCM and other systems
Security and safe access
- Secure access thanks to authorization, authentication, SSL encryption for client-server communication and the transfer of access rights from leading systems
- Role-based and detailed authorization system (tabs, folders, documents; temporary access, etc.)