Specialized administration for Doxis4 applications
Agility is essential if a company wants to stay competitive. In the world of ECM, agility means transparency and being able to adapt document and process management structures in a quick, efficient and effective manner. This requires organisations to apply a digital information infrastructure that is both modern and agile, just like the Doxis4 iECM Suite.
A design studio for all ECM applications
Unlike many other DMS systems, the Doxis4 cubeDesigner provides companies with a single specialized administration client that covers all ECM services in the Doxis4 iECM Suite (Archive, DMS, eRecords, workbaskets, workflow, etc.). Applications are designed and managed for all three clients (Windows-based, browser-based and mobile) in a single specialized administration client. This means that a number of settings only have to be made once; the only detailed settings relate to adjustments needed for specific types of devices, e.g. designing dialogs for various screen sizes.
The Doxis4 cubeDesigner utilizes one of the key attributes in the Doxis4 architecture: the standard meta-database and the universal services available for all ECM services (Security, AuditTrail, etc.). This means that once they have been defined, data and services can be connected and applied in all ECM applications.
The range of configurations offered by Doxis4 cubeDesigner covers processes like creating and managing structures for electronic archives, eRecords and document management. Users are also able to design their own business processes (workflow types, process models), design and adjust dialogs, results lists, and search and filing templates, and manage user accounts, including defining groups, roles and access rights. The specialised administration function can also be used to manage and update translations for the business applications you have created.
Intuitive graphic user interface
The graphic user interface provide users and administrators with a quick and easy platform for designing, modifying and administrating their ECM business applications. We have also developed Doxis4 cubeDesigner Light as a special solution that enables specialist non-IT departments to make simple adjustments to configurations without needing any help from IT. This is particularly beneficial for departments that are responsible for organising and managing sensitive corporate data, such as staff files. In Doxis4, system administration functions are kept distinctly separate from specialized administration. This is particularly important when it comes to protecting data in areas such as human resources and the legal department because companies are able to limit access to information.
Doxis4 cubeDesigner can be used to define templates that then make it easier to roll-out ECM applications within the company at a later stage. In contrast to specialised individual solutions, these templates can be used to defined basic functions and properties that can then be applied to other ECM applications developed in the company. Once these templates have been set up, the only configurations needed relate to the specialist functions within each application. For example, if a user sets up a procurement record, its settings can be used as a basis for quickly creating an order record or a customer record.
- Ability to design, configure and maintain Doxis4 iECM applications using the Doxis4 cubeDesigner
- Flexible customisation functions for all Doxis4 services and clients in a single specialized administration client
- Special functions for non-IT departments: Simple configuration using Doxis4 cubeDesigner Light
- Translation of customer-specific applications into a number of different languages
Features & strengths
Doxis4 cubeDesigner is a central client for designing applications and performing specialized administration tasks for the Doxis4 iECM Suite (Archive, DMS, eRecords, workbaskets, workflows, etc.). Doxis4 cubeDesigner can be used to design, define, configure and customise all ECM applications. The standard meta-database and universal specialist services (Security, AuditTrail, etc.) create a redundancy-free network of data and services between all ECM applications. Once defined and configured, the design and functions in the user interfaces are available across all clients (Windows, browser-based and mobile clients). Customer-specific applications and functions can be implemented thanks to an integrated script engine. Doxis4 also features functions like a central dictionary to help companies translate applications into other languages.
Doxis4 cubeDesigner features a range of different functions, some of the most important of which enable users to create and manage structures for electronic archiving, electronic records, task management, and process management (workbaskets and workflows). This involves defining and designing dialogs for features such as results lists, search and filing templates, and business processes (ad-hoc and standardised). Furthermore, it enables users to define and maintain access rights and authentication for users, groups and roles.
The Doxis4 clients feature flexible user interfaces that can be adapted to suit individual users' working styles and skills. For example, this means that search and filing dialogs can be tailored to suit individual cases of use. As such, unnecessary input fields and overcrowded user interfaces are now a thing of the past. ECM functions can be selected to suit the relevant requirements and tasks and then configured and assigned. Doxis4 includes an assortment of different tools, values lists and libraries to help users design and adapt dialogs, results lists, search and filing dialogs, etc. This also applies to the overall appearance: For example, you can adapt colours and fonts (size and style) in ECM applications to meet your corporate design. You can also assign icons and symbols for dialogs and buttons. In addition to the use of graphical elements, users can also integrate data from third-party systems, like customer data from the CRM system or staff information from an HR system.
The graphic user interface reflects the popular Microsoft style and provides users and administrators with a quick and easy platform for designing, modifying and administrating their ECM business applications. Doxis4 cubeDesigner Light enables general departments to make configurations flexibly and independently without needing any programming skills or support from IT. Its functions are limited solely to what the department really needs, making it easier to use and change configurations.
Doxis4 cubeDesigner serves as the central administration platform for both SER and our customers alike, providing an intuitive way to design, configure and manage Doxis4 ECM applications. This is particularly useful when setting up ECM projects. For example, a customer can take one of our initial pilot projects and roll it out in other areas of their company or continue to develop it further. The distinct separation of system administration and specialized administration within the Doxis4 iECM Suite means that non-IT departments can design and maintain their own applications while the IT admin departments take care of IT system administration. The separation of administration functions is particularly beneficial when it comes to data protection in areas such as human resources and the legal department.
Doxis4 can be operated in a multi-layer ECM system environment, for example as a development system, a testing system and a production system. Doxis4 is equipped with its own transportation tool which automatically transfers complete applications, specific developments and configurations.
Develop your own electronic records
When it comes to electronic records, one of Doxis4 cubeDesigner's most important features are its functions for managing record classes and all associated structures. Finding business documents is easy thanks to a standardised folder structure.
Designing your own business processes
The specialised administration client contains all the tools you'll need to transfer entire business processes into the digital environment. This of course also includes a range of options for designing the corresponding workflows too. A graphical editor makes this design process even easier. Specialist administrators won't have problems designing the relevant input templates and dialogs either thanks to Doxis4 cubeDesigner's practical functions.
A shortcut to the information you need
Doxis4 cubeDesigner enables specialized administrators to configure quick search settings for commonly used searches. Global quick searches are then available in all clients at all times. Shortcut keys are another of the solution's highlights and can also be managed with the help of cubeDesigner. These shortcuts mean that users can launch searches in Doxis4 from any type of application. Simply mark your text, key in the shortcut and you'll find what you're looking for.
Overview of functions in Doxis4 specialized administration client
ECM functional administration ( archive, DMS, eRecords, processes)
- Creating and managing
- Document classes
- Document templates for Microsoft Office
- Record classes, including metadata cover sheet and freely definable, reusable folder structures (record models)
- Private and global directories
- Retention rules for documents and records
- Results lists for manageable numbers of results, available in list and calendar form
- Notification templates for the Notification Service
- Designing record plans with a range of different structures
- Defining comprehensive business processes made up of numerous branches with parallel and logical links
- Setting deadlines for individual process stages
- Defining rules related to who is responsible for carrying out which stage
- Determining descriptors (index criteria/metadata)
- Defining a wide range of search templates for flexible access to all information objects
- Designing templates with a number of different comprehensive controls
- Defining electronic stamps
- Setting up quick searches for record folders and clients
- Incorporating information from third-party systems (e.g. CRM, ERP, HR) into dialogs and records
- Translating dialogs using the dictionary function and directly translating individual elements
- Managing users, groups, roles and rights
Specialized administration client
- Central specialized administration and design client for all ECM application and Doxis4 clients
- Ability to design universal ECM applications, adjustments only have to be made for display reasons (e.g. for mobile devices)
- Distinct separation of specialized and system administration
- Intuitive user interfaces in familiar Microsoft look & feel
- Configuration possible without extensive programming experience
- Option to design and modify ECM/DMS during operation
- Ability to support several designer admin accounts with adjustable access rights
- Doxis4 cubeDesigner Light with fewer functions available for non-IT departments
- Option to create transport packages for sending customisations from test systems to production systems
User and rights management
- Developing organisations containing various users, roles, units and groups
- Approving individual functions and classes using comprehensive rights management
- Creating reports about organisations and rights in Doxis4 cubeDesigner
- Setting up password policies