A universal ECM client for Windows devices – Doxis4 winCube
When it comes to user acceptance and productivity, it is crucial that software is user-friendly and that the client has a broad functional scope. Bringing together the latest developments in user interface design, Doxis4 winCube is streamlined for maximum usability. You don't have to adapt to Doxis4; it is designed to adapt to you. Context-sensitive menus save you from searching through lists of functions. Doxis4 identifies what is needed to perform a particular work step and predicts what you'd like to do next.
Doxis4 winCube is the universal Windows client for the Doxis4 iECM suite. It covers a wide variety of functions needed to work with information on a day-to-day basis: from capturing documents, records and processes, indexing and editing, searching and displaying, to completing tasks and processes. Thanks to the diverse functions and a customizable, intuitive design (featuring personalized interfaces in the familiar Microsoft Office design), Doxis4 winCube stands out as a user-friendly ECM client for Windows workstations.
The Doxis4 iECM suite's powerful ECM infrastructure and central Doxis4 content repository provide a basic platform for working in Doxis4 winCube. In addition to the Doxis4 Windows client, users also have access to web-based and mobile clients that can be used at the same time in one solution. This means that internal and external users are always working with the latest information, accessible from their computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
When our developers created Doxis4 winCube, they aimed for a state-of-the-art solution with flexible handling. Anyone who works with Microsoft Office on a regular basis will immediately feel comfortable in the Doxis4 winCube user interface. With a context-sensitive ribbon and an Outlook-style navigation bar, SER's ECM client fits seamlessly into the Microsoft Windows environment. The user interfaces can be adapted to meet the needs of both the company and its users, which can include favorites, preferred displays and search templates. This way, users can manage and efficiently utilize documents, records and processes in a standardized and modern user interface. Document templates, annotations, offline functions, and integrated scan, OCR and barcode functions for capturing workstations complete the range of practical features.
Search & display
With the correct access rights, users have the entire information pool in Doxis4 winCube at their fingertips. Useful search functions, such as the quick search, index search and intelligent full-text search, and hierarchical record navigation help you to find the information you need quickly and accurately.
The integrated viewer displays over 300 file formats — even without the application used to created the file in the first place.
Filing, processing & workflows
With the universal Windows client for the Doxis4 iECM suite, users are able to file, archive and retrieve documents, records, processes and tasks in a single client. Doxis4 winCube includes functions for checking in and out living documents, creating working versions, adding annotations, and forwarding documents in a controlled way. Once a document has been finalized, Doxis4 winCube then files it in the Doxis4 archive in a secure and audit-proof manner.
- Universal Windows application for documents, records, processes and tasks
- Supports the current Windows generations, including Windows 10
- Standard, up-to-date information available from the central Doxis4 content repository at any time, even offline
- Windows, web and mobile clients in one solution for parallel use
Features & strengths
Doxis4 winCube is a comprehensive Windows-based ECM client containing everything you need in your day-to-day work with documents, records, processes and tasks. Depending on the application scenario and types of users (anyone from power users to occasional users), the functions and user interfaces have various display options thanks to customizable views, access rights and shares. The context-sensitive ribbon automatically adapts to the application context, just like in Microsoft Office.
In Doxis4 winCube, every user has a complete ECM workstation with direct access to relevant information stored in the content repository. The workstation provides users with a list of all pending tasks in their own personal workbasket, in group workbaskets and in any other workbaskets to which they have access. What's more, you can open up recent favorites such as documents, records, processes, tasks and search results at the touch of button. As soon as you launch the Doxis4 winCube client, you can access functions and overviews that you use on a regular basis. Users are also able to customize the quick access bar, layout templates for result lists, navigation elements and display, export and print functions.
Doxis4 winCube enables you to display and edit content from the Doxis4 content repository, even when you aren't online. Let's say you're on your way to meet a customer. All you have to do is log on before you leave and download to the cache all the documents or records you need. You will then be able to display or edit the downloaded documents at any time in offline mode. Doxis4 winCube also features an integrated download manager which synchronizes all content automatically to help you manage offline documents and then upload any subsequent changes.
Special document formats (e.g. AutoCAD drawings and Visio charts, etc.) that can normally only be displayed in their original applications can be accessed in Doxis4 winCube, even if you don't have access to the application. This is particularly useful for the long-term audit-proof storage of documents, or, for example, if you must display a particular document years after it was first archived and the original application is no longer available. Doxis4 winCube's integrated viewer allows you to view and annotate documents in over 300 formats, including Microsoft Office formats and common image formats. The original application has to be installed on the device only for editing purposes. For larger documents, the compact read mode displays an overview of the document and enables you to browse through the pages with ease.
Doxis4 winCube is just one of the ways you can access your documents, records, processes and tasks in Doxis4. Depending on your work situation, the functions you need and usage frequency, you can also access a Doxis4 client on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone via a browser or mobile version. This way, you are able to access and use the most recent versions of documents, records, processes and tasks at any time, no matter where you are in the world. Regardless of the client or device used, roles and access rights can be managed centrally in the Doxis4 cubeDesigner.
Work efficiently in familiar user environments
Doxis4 winCube's flexible user interface incorporates familiar controls from Microsoft Office applications (ribbons with context-sensitive options, the Outlook navigation bar, etc.) and practical online features (tabs like those used in browsers, proposal values when entering search terms, etc.). Users are therefore immediately comfortable using the functions and are able to access search and filing dialogs, workbaskets and favorites in one familiar interface.
Clear, precise search results
Even companies with large information pools can use the Doxis4 winCube search function to find exactly the information they seek in the Doxis4 content repository. You can even open up the search functions and result lists from other Windows applications thanks to handy shortcut keys. Results are displayed in table form and can be filtered, grouped and sorted. What's more, results are dated so they can be displayed in a clear calendar view. You can even compare and evaluate results using particular index values in aggregations.
A quick note
If you're working on a document and spot something you want to highlight or add, the annotation function enables you to do so directly in the document. Any annotations added in Doxis4 winCube are visible to all employees (provided they have the correct access rights), regardless of whether they have accessed the document via a Windows client, web client or mobile client. Personal or confidential comments can also be added quickly and securely to the right spot without modifying the content of the document or having to copy the file for personal use.
Doxis4 winCube 7.1
- Enables you to work on documents, records, processes and tasks in a universal Windows application
- Supports current Windows generations, including Windows 10
- Windows and Office-style user interfaces (ribbons, tabbed browsing, virtual navigation bar and more)
- Configurable functional scope and interfaces for a range of application scenarios and user groups
- Personal settings: favorites, views, layouts, positions, etc.
- Single sign-on using Windows authentication (Kerberos)
Search & display
- Search through the entire Doxis4 content repository using a number of search dialogs and quick searches (use case-dependent)
- Index searches for document attributes
- Full-text searches for document content
- Combined metadata and full-text search
- Quick search function from any application using shortcut key
- Dynamic results lists with sorting, grouping and filter functions
- Viewer for over 300 file formats – quick preview function with thumbnails, new read mode and original preview
- Offline mode that displays documents, even without a connection to Doxis4
Importing, filing & indexing
- Import function for individual documents, folders and directories
- Filing and mapping (e.g. in records/folders) using a drag-and-drop function
- Manual and automatic indexing using attributes or document content
- Contextual support when entering index values thanks to a proposal function
- Direct access from Microsoft Office applications with document templates and metadata mapping
- Electronic signature function via chip cards
Editing & collaboration
- Versioning and check-in/check-out mechanism
- Team collaboration on living documents
- Subscription function for receiving notifications of changes made to documents and records and of searches
- Wide range of annotation tools for inserting notes, marking text and providing comments
- Offline mode (also without check-out)
- Performant local scanner management
- Scanner profile management
- ISIS scanner support
- OCR and barcode support
- Multitenant capability, multiserver support
- Integrated development environment and multilingual customization – Doxis4 cubeDesigner
- Freely designable filing masks, search masks and results lists
- Individually configurable views, access rights and shares
- Extensive scripting capabilities
- Centralized or decentralized administration (user, group or role schemas)