SER presents three companies that practice World Paper Free Day 2016 every day
(03.11.2016 - Berlin) Tomorrow is World Paper Free Day and AIIM, the initiator, wants you to be more conscientious about how you use paper in business. Digitizing paper is just the first step. To truly work more efficiently and cost-effectively, you need to get rid of paper-based processes. Three customers of SER reveal how they have successfully and sustainably accomplished this with enterprise content management (ECM).
1. Eissmann Group Automotive: Information at the push of a button
Being able to provide immediate information without having to search endlessly through piles of papers and binders — this was just one of the goals the automotive supplier Eissmann set before it launched a centralized ECM system. It also wanted to provide complete information throughout its business processes in an economical, paper-free way and without media disruptions. With Doxis4 by SER, all of these goals were met.
Over 1.2 million documents are now available in digital form and accessible throughout all departments in a process-oriented way. Compared to the old paper-based way of working, Eissmann's employees now save a considerable amount of time. Translated into numbers this means that with Doxis4, each employee saves on average over 100 hours every year on document searches alone.
2. FCA Bank: Electronic records instead of bulging record binders
Up until 2014, the dealer financing team of the financial service provider FCA Bank was still working with paper records. Approximately 2,500 dealer records and binders with credit securities were bursting out of the filing cabinets. The necessary documents could often not be found, which slowed down case processing.
The launch of electronic dealer records with Doxis4 heralded in a new paper-free era for the department. All business process-related documents can now be electronically processed (in teams). Authorized employees can also see at any time who and when which documents were modified and who is currently working on them — without laborious searching.
3. Westfalen Group: Gone are the days of carrying around paperwork
The HR team of the Westfalen Group, an energy supplier, was also very familiar with the problem of countless record binders and high volumes of paper documents. Before Doxis4 was launched, the team spent a good amount of their time simply carrying paper documents from A to B and back. This complicated back-and-forth of paperwork slowed down sensitive business processes.
With the SER solution, all of the HR documents is now digitized, centrally accessible and archived in an audit-proof way. The HR team today no longer needs to run to the filing cabinet and search through paper record binders. They can find, access and trigger the next steps for the digital documents in the ECM system directly from their desks.
For more information, check out our best practices in the media library on our website.
Downloadspress release (PDF)
Please don't hesitate to contact us for press inquiries via email or phone.
Mrs. Alexandra Lilienthal
Phone: +49 30 498582-214
About the SER Group
The company SER
- Leading vendor of enterprise content management software*
- One of the top five software-only ECM vendors worldwide
- Software "Made in Germany"
- A "Challenger" in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms (CSP)
- A "Strong Performer" in both of Forrester's ECM Waves
- Over 550 employees
- More than 2,000 customers worldwide; half of which are DAX 30 companies
- Largest ECM development team in Europe
The software Doxis4
- Standardized ECM software for large corporations, mid-sized firms and public administrations
- A uniform ECM, BPM and collaboration platform with
- comprehensive metadata management
- numerous horizontal and vertical solutions
- hybrid BPM for all business processes – from ad hoc to highly structured
- collaboration components for secure information sharing, both internally and with external partners
*According to the most recently published figures on revenue, gross profits, operating results and number of employees