SER is the first German ECM vendor certified according to the international standard for records management
(19.04.2017 - Berlin) The Doxis4 iECM suite was successfully certified according to the international standard ISO 16175-2 ("Information and documentation — Principles and functional requirements for records in electronic office environments"). SER, with Doxis4, is the first German ECM vendor to fulfill the nearly 300 cross-industry requirements for documents subject to retention.
The experts of the independent certification authority Van Bussel Document Services confirm in its audit report that the Doxis4 product suite, when used appropriately, meets the requirements of the internationally applicable ISO 16175-2 standard for records management. "Doxis4 is an integrated content management suite well versed to model, process, archive, and preserve records and their metadata," writes Dr. Geert-Jan van Bussel, the chief auditor.
Doxis4 fulfills cross-industry requirements
ISO 16175-2 describes a total of 275 requirements independent of function, industry and technology. This includes, for example, the definition of processes, the conditions under which information is captured and managed, retention and deletion rules, and the support of compliant work procedures. "With the ISO 16175-2 certification, Doxis4 users can be sure that they meet all of the requirements for managing information subject to retention, regardless of which media is used to create and/or store it," explains Klaus Eulenbach, Managing Director of SER Software Technology GmbH and Head of Development of the SER Group.
About ISO 16175-2
ISO 16175-2, "Information and documentation — Principles and functional requirements for records in electronic office environments", is based on records management concepts of the International Council on Archives (ICA). It analyzes software that is used primarily or exclusively for records management (of documents). This includes enterprise content management (ECM) systems such as Doxis4 by SER. You can find the complete paper on ISO 16175-2 here.
DownloadsPress Release (PDF)
Please don't hesitate to contact us for press inquiries via email or phone.
Mrs. Alexandra Lilienthal
Phone: +49 30 498582-214
About the SER Group
The company SER
- Largest European software vendor for enterprise content management*
- One of the top five software-only ECM vendors worldwide
- Software "Made in Germany"
- A "Challenger" in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms (CSP)
- A "Strong Performer" in both of Forrester's ECM Waves
- Over 550 employees
- More than 2,000 customers worldwide; half of which are DAX 30 companies
- Largest ECM development team in Europe
The software Doxis4
- Standardized ECM software for large corporations, mid-sized firms and public administrations
- A uniform ECM, BPM and collaboration platform with
- comprehensive metadata management
- numerous horizontal and vertical solutions
- hybrid BPM for all business processes – from ad hoc to highly structured
- collaboration components for secure information sharing, both internally and with external partners
*According to the most recently published figures on revenue, gross profits, operating results and number of employees