SER is introducing a completely re-imagined business process management system
(09.02.2015 - Berlin) When it comes to process management with SER, there's no need to make sacrifices. With its completely re-imagined BPM services, SER overcomes the strict separation between normative, model-driven business processes and a situational, knowledge-based task and process management system, following the ad hoc principle. The new Doxis4 BPM combines both in one solution and integrates seamlessly with the existing Doxis4 iECM suite ECM platform.
Until now, ECM and BPM were only available as separate software systems that required complex work to be carried out to integrate them into an application, middleware or portal layer. The new Doxis4 BPM realises the vision of being able to manage all information objects and services in an ECM & BPM context in a standardised and service-oriented platform (SOA) with a common "metadata kernel". The Doxis4 platform is the basis for the content repository with electronic archiving, DMS, records management, collaboration and the new Task and Process Management systems. All solutions can either be combined with one another or be used individually and independently. This means you don't have to make the choice between either the ECM or BPM systems.
A more flexible transition from normative to adaptive process management
With the new Doxis4 BPM, SER bridges the gap not only between ECM and BPM, but also between traditional normative BPM ("doing by design") and adaptive case or task management ("design by doing") for planning work items flexibly. Because SER solutions for both task and process management are based on a common platform, this enables a smooth transition between the two to be achieved – a key advantage over other vendors who offer BPM and case management as two independent products. SER customers can then individually define and re-adjust at any time the right balance between a pre-defined process model and freedom in case-oriented execution for their business processes.
Doxis4 supports the whole gamut of process types
Doxis4 Task Management – "design by doing"
Doxis4 Task Management is a versatile tool for ad hoc task management. Work items defined once can also be copied and re-used at any time, making existing process know-how within a company reproducible and also usable for colleagues. In practice, "design by doing" means:
- planning work items in a process instance in an ad hoc and situational manner
- defining deadlines, priorities and assigning work items
- dividing work items into subtasks (structured at any depth)
- defining optional dependencies between work items (sequential, parallel or with any number of dependencies)
- searching for work items, workers or deadlines
- overseeing all work items and their status in the process instance
- defining and documenting ad hoc decisions for work items
- overview and traceability of all work items delivered every time
Doxis4 Process Management – "doing by design"
Should the "design by doing" approach result in frequently recurring process templates, or if it is clear from the outset that a well-structured process should be automated, Doxis4 Process Management can also be used to pre-define process models which define the individual processes to be executed. "Doing by design" features:
- Modelling and execution of pre-defined process models
- Support for various BPM engines and modelling notations, such as state transition and dependency diagrams
- Support for automated activities
- Combination of "model-driven" and ad hoc work items by refinement
- Pre-defining potential decision-making
- Determining rules in a process model, e.g. who should be assigned a work item
The official product presentation of Doxis4 BPM will take place on 26th March 2015 in Bonn, Germany as part of a centralised event for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Click here to log on »
Please don't hesitate to contact us for press inquiries via email or phone.
Mrs. Bärbel Heuser-Roth
Phone: +49 (0) 228 90896 220
About the SER Group
The company SER
The software Doxis4
*According to the most recently published figures on revenue, gross profits, operating results and number of employees