The consequences of the “Safe Harbor” ruling
(19.10.2015 - Bonn) Since the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled that the “Safe Harbor” agreement is invalid, a state of legal limbo has prevailed in that no clear data protection regulations now exist regarding the secure exchange of personal data between the EU and the US. With SER’s Doxis4 solution, however, organisations can stay on the right track, as its built-in encryption facility enables data to be exchanged securely – even in the cloud – despite the current legal uncertainties.
Using the iECM Doxis4 Suite organisations can ensure that information, including personal data, is exchanged securely and in compliance with data protection regulations. This is because the SER solution provides effective protective mechanisms and highly secure encryption technologies for the archiving and storage of organisational data and documents.
Doxis4 thereby ensures that data can be encrypted in a process of asynchronous replication to the cloud. Prior to being transferred, the content is encoded at the local data centre with a secure AES-256 key specific to the organisation concerned. As a result, the information is not subject to statutory data protection regulations and cannot be read by the cloud operator
To avoid becoming dependent on particular external providers, this scenario excludes the possibility of a “cloud vendor lock-in”, as Doxis4 is can replicate the content subsequently even if a different cloud provider is used. The same process also takes place with the locally stored documents, avoiding any need for the content of those documents to be recreated by the previous cloud provider.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for press inquiries via email or phone.
Mrs. Bärbel Heuser-Roth
Phone: +49 (0) 228 90896 220
About the SER Group
The company SER
- Largest European software vendor for enterprise content management*
- One of the top five software-only ECM vendors worldwide
- Software "Made in Germany"
- A "Challenger" in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms (CSP)
- A "Strong Performer" in both of Forrester's ECM Waves
- Over 550 employees
- More than 2,000 customers worldwide; half of which are DAX 30 companies
- Largest ECM development team in Europe
The software Doxis4
- Standardized ECM software for large corporations, mid-sized firms and public administrations
- A uniform ECM, BPM and collaboration platform with
- comprehensive metadata management
- numerous horizontal and vertical solutions
- hybrid BPM for all business processes – from ad hoc to highly structured
- collaboration components for secure information sharing, both internally and with external partners
*According to the most recently published figures on revenue, gross profits, operating results and number of employees