Doxis4 the first ECM solution worldwide to be EU GDPR-certified
(08.08.2017 - Berlin) SER is a pioneer in securing personal data. The renowned auditing firm Ebner Stolz has certified Doxis4 according to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Doxis4 is the first ECM system worldwide to receive this certification.
Time is running out for companies: In less than nine months, the grace period for the EU GDPR will end. By then, companies must implement stricter regulations regarding the storage, release and deletion of personal data. The new regulations of the European Union require companies to be able to securely store and identify, release and, if requested, delete personal data at any given time. The requirements must be fulfilled by May 25, 2018.
With Doxis4, companies are equipped now for the regulations and have proven security. "The audited Doxis4 iECM suite, when used correctly and in conjunction with organizational control mechanisms, enables companies to fulfill data protection requirements according to EU GDPR," attests Holger Klindtworth of Ebner Stolz, the auditing firm which gave the ECM solution Doxis4 the first EU GDPR certification worldwide.
Doxis4 gives companies a way to automatically manage retention rules and deletion deadlines for personal data, such as contract data. Furthermore, it is also possible to set up deletion locks for an unlimited period of time for a document. If the retention period of personal data is unknown, the EU GDPR-certified Doxis4 safeLock protects the sensitive documents from modifications, even if they have no retention deadline. If customers or employees invoke their "right to erasure" (article 17 of the EU GDPR), companies are able to lift the deletion locks at any time once the legal retention period has ended. Data deletion can be automated, complete and physically traceable.
Protect and transmit sensitive information
SER's Doxis4 solution helps companies to ensure that personal data is protected from unauthorized access, manipulation and theft (article 32 of the EU GDPR). If needed, Doxis4 can also provide customers, employees, and business partners their sensitive personal data and documents in a structured and machine-readable form. Companies are thereby also able to provide proof of who accessed and modified which personal data and when. As required by the EU GDPR, data is in a structured and machine-readable format (article 20, EU GDPR).
DownloadsPress Release (PDF)
Please don't hesitate to contact us for press inquiries via email or phone.
Mrs. Alexandra Lilienthal
Phone: +49 30 498582-214
About the SER Group
The company SER
- Largest European software vendor for enterprise content management*
- One of the top five software-only ECM vendors worldwide
- Owner-run company
- Software "Made in Germany"
- A "Challenger" in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms (CSP)
- A "Strong Performer" in both of Forrester's ECM Waves
- Over 550 employees
- More than 2,000 customers worldwide; half of which are DAX 30 companies
- Largest ECM development team in Europe
The software Doxis4
- Standardized ECM software for large corporations, mid-sized firms and public administrations
- A uniform ECM, BPM and collaboration platform with
- comprehensive metadata management
- numerous horizontal and vertical solutions
- hybrid BPM for all business processes – from ad hoc to highly structured
- collaboration components for secure information sharing, both internally and with external partners
*According to the most recently published figures on revenue, gross profits, operating results and number of employees