SER at the Gartner Symposium in Dubai 2018
(29.03.2018 - Berlin) "Scale" was the overriding theme of this year's Gartner Symposium in Dubai. The SER Group took advantage of the event to establish its positioning as an ECM solution provider for the Middle East and to strengthen its existing business relationships. With its "Smart Dubai" initiative, Dubai is enthusiastically pushing ahead with digitalization. The goal of the "Dubai Paperless Strategy" is to make processes in government and administration completely paper-free. Over 600 CIOs and IT managers from all over the Middle East gathered at the Gartner event in Dubai.
SER's experts spent three days having intense discussions at the Gartner Symposium in Dubai. The event provided many opportunities to talk with visitors from companies and government institutions of the region and to learn more about the status of their digitalization strategies. The opening speech from Her Excellency Dr. Aisha Bin Bishr, Director General of the Smart Dubai Office, focused on the government initiative "Smart Dubai". An important component of the initiative is the "Dubai Paperless Strategy", the goal of which is to establish paper-free administration in Dubai. By 2021, no administration employee and no citizen should have to print out documents on paper. This initiative is supposed to save more than one billion pages of paper per year.
Digitalization at companies and organizations in the Middle East is still primarily in the early phases. The financial sector is no exception either, as SER found out earlier this year at the 7th Annual Conference on Electronic Banking and Payment Systems, which took place in Tehran, Iran. Even large financial institutions and ministries of the region are still operating today almost completely paper-based. At the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo in Dubai, numerous representatives of banks and financial authorities from neighboring countries informed SER of their plans to push forward even faster with digitalization in their organizations.
Expanding the partner network: Emirates Computers
The Gartner event in Dubai presented opportunities not only to talk with our regional partners, but also to make a new IPPS (International Partner Program of SER) partnership official with Emirates Computers, which is a system integrator, value-added reseller (VAR) and software reseller in the Middle East.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for press inquiries via email or phone.
Mrs. Alexandra Lilienthal
Phone: +49 30 498582-214
About the SER Group
The company SER
- Largest European software vendor for enterprise content management*
- One of the top five software-only ECM vendors worldwide
- Software "Made in Germany"
- A "Challenger" in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms (CSP)
- A "Strong Performer" in both of Forrester's ECM Waves
- Over 550 employees
- More than 2,000 customers worldwide; half of which are DAX 30 companies
- Largest ECM development team in Europe
The software Doxis4
- Standardized ECM software for large corporations, mid-sized firms and public administrations
- A uniform ECM, BPM and collaboration platform with
- comprehensive metadata management
- numerous horizontal and vertical solutions
- hybrid BPM for all business processes – from ad hoc to highly structured
- collaboration components for secure information sharing, both internally and with external partners
*According to the most recently published figures on revenue, gross profits, operating results and number of employees